The following tips will help you make the best use of your locker space and insure safe and secure storage for your belongings.
- Rent the smallest amount of space you need and pack the unit full.
- A box for everything and everything in a box is the best protection of your goods. Use uniform sized boxes and stack them shoulder high to maximize your total locker space.
- Prepare your unit by placing plastic on the floor under your goods. Be sure the plastic laps up over the walls a few inches on every side.
- Leave a small air space between the goods stored and the locker walls.
- Store small lightweight items around the back of the locker. Move large heavy items into storage last.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Protect your mattresses, sofas, and chairs with specially designed plastic covers.
- Cover the entire load with a light plastic cover.
- Use a good, quality lock on your locker door. Cheap locks rust.
- Insure your goods while in storage. Ask the manager about self storage insurance at reasonable rates.
- Keep a list of all items in storage as well as pictures and descriptions.